The Moon reached its third quarter, or Waning Half Moon phase during our writing studio session on Tuesday, and was exactly conjunct our current subject planet, Pluto. At the Half Moon, the light is diminishing and we may have to narrow our focus as the cycle closes.
How was your creative energy? Are you noticing a pattern yet, connected to the Moon’s phases?
This was our second week focusing on Pluto, and we focused on the theme of balancing light and dark, plus preparation for rebirth and renewal.
Our first prompts were these:
- List a few blessings of winter, the dark time of the year;
- Write about what hibernation would look like for you/your character.
Our longer writing period began with these prompts:
- Borrowing from Snoopy, the Peanuts character, begin a story with these words: “It was a cold, dark winter night”;
- Write of a time you/your character had to stop, take a time out;
- Write a tale of transformation, the caterpillar becoming a butterfly.
The writing studio will continue on Tuesday afternoons, with astrology supporting us to deepen our writing. For the next couple of months, you can join the studio on a sliding scale of $45 to $75 per month. More on my website: https://kristinebackes.com/weekly-astro-writing-salon/